Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Shortest Date Ever

All right here we go... ok this guy, we'll call him Josh... cause that's his name... wrote me an e-mail on the dating sight that said, "When do you want to meet for soda sometime." I replied, "Oh anytime but I like shakes. Can we make that happen." So tonight we met at the Gateway Mall in front of that famous bookstore that I would name but I don't know how to spell it. Can I tell you that the Gateway Mall is a great place- I would know because we walked around it like three times. I was watching the Water Fountain show when he came up behind me and said, "Do you see anything interesting." He scared the crap out of me! I know I know... its not hard to do! Well we walked to the food court and found ourselves at Orange Julius. Well the conversation flowed not great but it was ok. At one point Josh said, "Don't you just love first meetings." I laughed but what I was feeling was- man I'm an idiot. So then we just walked around the mall. I don't know if he thought it was a lot bigger than it was but it didn't take us long so we walked around again. So once we walked around for the third time he said, "Well I have to meet a friend but we should get some Indian food sometime." We'll see if that works out...

4 comments:

Justin Quinn said...

Melissa,

I JUST LOVE THE HECK OUTTA YOU!!!

Justin

Melissa Snyder said...

What an interesting date! You have dated such a huge variety of people. YOu amaze me at how bold you are.

Lance said...

Good thing you don't have a brother anywhere close. They would have to lay the smack down on half of these guys....

Jen said...

I like how forward you are...an 18 year old would say sure I'll go for a soda even though I only drink water with lemon. But you...you say I'll pass on the soda but a shake sounds great. Although you would think the names of stores would be seared in your brain after repeating Ground Hog Day for the 3rd time?! What's up with that?