Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Here We Come

I took an interpersonal communication class at BYU-it taught me a ton about relationships. I think everyone should take that class cause it really has helped me out (but it isn't a miracle worker.) So some of you might be wondering why I haven't written very much lately. Well one of the things I learned in that class was that the further in the relationship you get the less you tend to talk about it.... Apparently this is true.
So last Saturday I had my first Valentine's Day experience and people really do make it a bigger deal than it should be haha! But I still had a good time. On Friday Eric- yeah I think it's about time you know his real name. (I called him EX because I first knew about him cause he went on dates with my roommate and I know for a fact he would hate that I called him EX on here so lets keep that under wraps.)
Anyway Friday Eric gave me his presents which was so cute of him. Saturday morning he came over and I made breakfast which was Breakfast Burritos and he had never had it before. Apparently I make really weird food but it tastes good. Then we met our singles ward and went to the Draper Temple Open House. Is that only funny to me?- on Valentine's Day our singles ward all went to the temple. Good times! It was a beautiful temple- the baptist room was amazing and I really loved the ceiling room.
After that we went to Olive Garden and we had a 45 minute wait which we filled with heated discussions about video games, sleepovers, and talking to your kids about drugs. Yeah we don't agree on a lot of things but I think that normal. I need to start to figure out what I can compromise and what really matters to me.
We had time to waste so we went to the Mall and I bought a couple of cute shirts. We also stopped at a few others stores where Eric made fun of me for knowing nothing about diamonds. Why would I know about diamonds? They all look fake to me anyway. My mom gave me this beautiful ring for my graduation present and I asked her, "Is this real." Her response was, "Of course its real." She added some eye rolling to go with the comment.
We then went to the Utah Youth Symphony. They were really really good but the seats were really really really hard. It was a fun experience. When I told my mom I was going to it she said, "Wow you guys are cultured." That's how we roll!!! It wasn't bad for a V-day experience. I had a good time.

3 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

So, when are going to post a PICTURE of EX...aka Eric?!?!

Brittany said...

Wow...you looked at diamonds?? That sounds serious! Of course, I always look at diamonds...even now. It's fun, huh? Sounds like a good first Valentine's Day. :) People really do make a bigger deal out of it than it is.

Jen said...

Good thing the ring is already picked out then... :)