Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Family Meeting

Most of you that read this know that my brother went into the MTC on Wednesday so Tuesday my family came down to Provo and I took EX to meet....EVERYONE. I'm really really bad at filling people in when I do family things so I need to get better at it. I think EX was a little frustrated with me and he had every right to be. But we picked Kimberlee up- she is so so cute!! Then we went to Ryan's soccer game where he did great... but his team didn't do so well. The rest of the family met us there... first the dad, then the brothers, and then my mom showed up with the grandparents but didn't come over to us. Finally EX said, "So are you going to introduce me to rest of your family." We walked to over the mom and grandparents. I was so surprised at how talkative Grandma was with EX- she talked about how she played the clarinet, asked if he played the piano, and they talked about how he was from South Carolina. The mom pretty much ignored him but I warned him about it. Then we all went to Tuccaino (I'm pretty sure that is not how you spell that but you get the point.) Ex has never eaten there before and he liked it but I have a feeling we won't be eating there very much. While we were getting salad my Dad said to me, "I like him." I asked why and all he said was, "You guys look cute together." The family was crazy and loud but we sat down with Brennan and Collin so Ex didn't get very many questions until my dad came down and sat next to Ex with all kinds of conversation. Things seemed to go well until we stood up, started saying our good-byes and Dad said, "Ex thanks for being such a good friend to Melissa." Ok- who says such things! Ex and I had such a good laugh in the car. And I've thanked him for being such a good friend since then- haha!!

Well school is going well. I've made it through my first semester which is awesome. I had this final Presentation which turned out to be so wonderful!! I had each one of my classes perform one dance that they choreographed and then I had all the parents come down onto the floor and the students taught them steps we learned this semester. Next time I'm going to do it a little different and hopefully it'll just get better and better!!!

5 comments:

Macsen said...

Hey! Sounds like a success! hahah. He's brave to meet everyone all at once. Now I want to meet him! When are you going to come down and play with us???

Brittany said...

It sounds like it went well. I want to know what EX thought about the family... Kimberlee said your mom told her she really likes him. That's a good sign because when she met Brent she talked about how bald he was and told me there were "other fish in the sea" ...HAHAHAHa So, if she's sayin she likes him he must be a great guy! :)

Tolmans said...

Wait a second.... you have to go back to the beginning. I want to know why you call him EX?!?!? Am i lame? did I miss something? and... I love the story! I love you your family and I can totally picture your dad sitting next to him with his big smile and rosey cheeks and chit chatting away... ahh... I love it!!

Deanna's bloggy blog :) said...

Will you please hurry up and write more! I'm dying to know about the rest of the story! :)

Tolmans said...

I ditto Deanna... I am ready for more!!