Monday, November 24, 2008

Need some advice please!

So I kinda had my heart broken... well not really but it could've happened if I would've let it happen. I haven't told you about tweedle dee and tweedle dumb- have I. Well I'll have to tell that story later because it was pretty funny... but I really liked this tweedle dumb guy and one night after he kissed me I asked, "How do you feel about me." His response was, "Honestly I don't know." Well I could tell from the way he said it and the way he left my house that I was wasting my time. So I told my roommate that she needed to set me up on a date so I could get over him. Last Friday we all went on a group date to SLC. It was so much fun- I just love group dates! We ate at McGraths which was ok... but it did not make me feel so great. I started to get a headache...and then the pain spread to my sinuses... then down to my throat and to my chest. By the end of the movie I wasn't feeling so great and I had my friend drive us home so that I could lay down in the back. I felt way way bad but I just couldn't keep up a conversation and I kinda fell asleep on my dates (Fred) lap. Well I was pretty out of it and all of a sudden his arm was resting on me. I wasn't sure if it was on purpose, if it was my fault because he had no other place to put his arm or what. Haha- oops! Well I'm not sure how I feel about him but the more I get to know him the more I like him.
Ok here is my dilemma... yesterday I started texting my roommates old crush. I don't know why I did but we had a long and fun text conversation and by the end of the night he asked if I wanted to go a movie after FHE. The answer... 'Yes yes I did.'
Well this morning I woke up with all kinds of congestive problems... a cough, stuffy nose, no voice- stuff like that. All day I've been thinking about cancelling my date because nothing is worse than a cold at a movie... on a date. And if you don't agree you might want to visit my last story about having a cold on a movie date.
Than right after school Fred text me and asked if I wanted to go to a Jazz game tonight. I said, "Heck yes but I don't feel 100 percent and I don't want to get you sick." He didn't give me a chance to back out. So that sealed the deal- I text the movie guy and said we'd have to do it another night cause I wasn't feeling well. Ok you might think this is a double standard but this is what I'm asking- what do you think. First of all- a basketball game is a way better idea when you have a stuffy nose than a movie, B I've never been to a jazz game, and D I'd rather be with a guy I know when I'm sick than someone I don't really know. Does that make sense? Am I wrong? Tell me what you think!

4 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Hi Melissa! I love your blog. So glad I found it!!!

I think you did the right thing. Jazz game + congestion + a guy you know = great date for sure!!! Here's my question. Do you like this Fred guy? Or was it mostly the situation/combination of it all that made you go with him? Have you been dying to go out with this other guy? If so, hopefully you'll get another chance to get together. I'm just thinkin' I need to know how you're feeling about Fred. How did the date go, by the way? Alright, now I'm just ramblin' like a fool! Keep us posted!

Brittany said...

I think the last reason makes it totally ok to have that double standard...it's so much easier to be sick around people you know than around people you don't. I hope the game was great!! How was it?? Pretty exciting that he wanted to go out again after you were so sick the first time. He must like ya. :)

Kallie said...

What I think:
A)I'm sorry it took me so long to read this for 2 reasons - it's really good (like you promised it would me) and I wish I would have responded EARLIER!
2)I think your heart got hurt more than you're letting on...it's okay to hurt and it's okay to cry. Don't believe me? Let me send you some Mr. Roger's tapes.
and D)Don't feel bad about the "double standard". Fred has so much more going - Jazz game, NOT a first date (which let's be honest is a big risk in and of itself...you never know what you're gonna get), repeat date, someone you know and can sneeze near. I think you made the right choice. Way to go champ. :)

Tolmans said...

Well... It took forever for me to read this post too. Sorry, but on the p.s. side... I love your blog :) SO... here is my thought. You are a fun single girl, living on our own, with your own job and your own life.... GO OUT WITH WHO YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT!!!! IF you feel nasty and stuffy and all that stuff, I think you can cancel on one guy and go with another... nothin wrong with that! Even if you don't feel yucky and nasty and gross... do what you want ;) love you... it was so fun to see you this weekend!!