Last week was homecoming which for us means family time! We started the day with some awesome devotionals. Then we had some great food and it was so fun to talk to all the cousin, aunt, uncles, the grandparents, and my own familia. I just love having siblings in college again. Someone brought flags so we had an awesome game of flag football. Kyle and I were both a bit gimpish but the game was still fun. There was one time that I gimped out for a pass and just as I turned around to catch the ball... the ball hit my head and I tumbled to the floor. (BUT I CAUGHT THE BALL!) The best part was that they caught it all all tape and we watched it a couple times. That's right- laugh it up!
So at the homecoming football game we sat in a big lump of people. During the 3rd quarter a guy came up the bleachers selling hot chocolate. My dad yelled down to me, "Melis, if you get that guys full name and phone number I'll buy you a mug of chocolate." So as the guy got closer I said, "Do you have a brother named Tyler Jones." He didn't- weird I know. "Oh what is your last name?" He told me and I asked him where he was from. It was Colorado so I turned around to my cousins and I said, "Hey that's where you are from. Is it close to you?" I then asked what the guys area code was. Then so casually I said, "What was your first name again?" So all I needed was the last few digits of his phone number and that is when I got stuck and lost my nerve. So I ended with "Look my dad said he would buy me hot chocolate if I get your name and number." As we were laughing my dad bought some chocolate and the guy moved on. Then
my dad called down, "You won the mug but you can't get the chocolate unless you get the rest of his number. " So the dad gave me two dollar bills. One of the dollars was a tip for the guy and the other one was for me to write down his number. It was funny how non-awkward it was as I wrote his number down until I asked what grade he was in. He was a freshman (in college) and so I said, "Oh, so fresh off the..." "High school." I thanked him and quickly made my way back to my seat. It was way too close to my students age so I gave the number to my cousin. Good times!
my dad called down, "You won the mug but you can't get the chocolate unless you get the rest of his number. " So the dad gave me two dollar bills. One of the dollars was a tip for the guy and the other one was for me to write down his number. It was funny how non-awkward it was as I wrote his number down until I asked what grade he was in. He was a freshman (in college) and so I said, "Oh, so fresh off the..." "High school." I thanked him and quickly made my way back to my seat. It was way too close to my students age so I gave the number to my cousin. Good times!
3 comments:
Yeah, that was hillarious!
Oh man, that's a great story. The look on that guy's face is priceless. And PS who the HECK is that cute guy on Kimber's arm? HELLO????? I miss homecoming... I miss Provo... I miss family.
I didn't get the part where you said you went to homecoming...now the story actually makes sense. Not to say that I don't listen but I wonder how many other stories I've missed necessary information for....hummmm? Anywho...back to work to keep you sane tomorrow! Aren't you excited?! Its Fun Friday Eve!
Post a Comment