Sunday, July 5, 2009

Do you think we are forgiven for laughing in the temple?



I can remember most of the mistakes I've made in the temple and every time I pray that it doesn't interfere with the work I'm doing. I've done that too many times I think. I use to do it on my mission too. I remember at the beginning of my mission praying (while I was teaching a discussion) that if I was saying anything wrong or incorrect that the words would magically change in the air before it met my investigators ears. Haha- heaven help the people I taught!




I think we are asked to go to the temple on a regular basis for a few reason- work for the dead, to renew our covenants, to feel his spirit, and because some times we don't have a good session and we need to come back and try again. Sometimes we are pretty ADD, or we might be way sleepy and tired. Sometimes things just don't make sense, we have an off day, or there is so much on our mind that we can't concentrate.




This week I went with a group and we all seemed to have something go wrong. I've messed up a lot in the temple but this seemed to be the worst. For some reason I couldn't stop laughing! I controlled it the best I could but by the time I sat down I was so embarrassed that I couldn't look up. I prayed that people thought I was trying not to cough. Well later on a woman came up to me and my friend and said that we looked like two newly married couples. She said she was happy to see us at the temple. I think that was her way of saying, "You are young so we forgive you for ruining our temple session." Well I guess I'll just have to try again next week.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Somehow you laughing doesn't surprise me. At all. ;)

Brittany said...

Are you kidding? You made that lady's day!! I'm so sorry I'm not going to be there this weekend. It's the last hoorah with our family before Jessica goes on a mission, and we just have to be with them...It's just really too bad that they planned it for this weekend. But, I am so excited for you!! You're going to LOVE being married. :)

Jen said...

That made me laugh! You sugar coated it way too much! And we do need to have a make up session and soon. I don't know if going through the open house counts.